Please note: creating a login is not the same as becoming a member.
To become a member you will need to pay a membership fee which will entitle you to membership discounts on all purchases and further benefits. Become a member now.
Manchester Peace Trail walking tour
The walk lasts approximately 2 and a half hours and covers sites connected with the growth of Manchester as the world’s first industrial city and its importance as a centre for peace and radical political activity.
Please meet at 1.45 for 2.00 outside Manchester Central Library . Your guide is Steve Roman
The tour will cover:
· Peterloo, the popular reform movement and workers’ rights
· The Free Trade Hall, suffragettes to the Sex Pistols
· Abraham Lincoln, Manchester Cathedral and the campaign against slavery
· The Hidden Gem and religious tolerance, free thinking and science
· Migration and the movement of peoples
· MAG, the Nuclear Ban Treaty and the Nobel Peace Prize
· Historic libraries, poets and public art
finishing with a visit to Chetham’s Library
327 Oxford Rd